That’s right, folks! With only about a month left in this pregnancy, we finally figured our son’s first name! Here are some clues for you:
- It is an English form of the Hebrew name “Jacob.”
- It is the name of two apostles in Jesus’ day and the name of one of Jesus’ brothers.
- It is the name of Josh’s great, great, great-grandfather who was baptized into the LDS Church by Joseph Smith, Jr. and confirmed by Joseph’s brother Hyrum Smith (it’s also the name of this grandfather’s second-oldest, through whom Josh’s family line comes).
- It is Josh’s Dad’s middle name.
- It is Josh’s middle name.
- It is Brynn’s Mom’s maiden name.
- It is the name of one of Brynn’s uncles.
- It is the name of the “Father of the U.S. Constitution”
- It is the name of the king of England under whose rule the version of the Bible Brynn and I use was translated. It was also under this king that the “Golden Age” of Elizibeathan literature and drama flourished, with writers as Shakespeare and Bacon.
Now we just need to figure out the middle name…